Sunday, April 6, 2014

Week 10: Routine, Wine Cricket and General Lack of Memory!

31 March - 6 April, 2014

So am writing this blog on a Thursday when I was supposed to write it on  a Sunday.

Oh hum...

I wish I could say that it was because my life has been rather happening but not really. It was just laziness.

In any case, here's all the good stuff from last week (atleast as far as I can remember).

Firstly, my helper is back! Phew! This also means my mom returned to India, which is a bummer. But the good news is that my life is back to normal. Soon after the helper reached, I was back to yoga and back to the movies. I had been dying from not watching a film for a month and I finally watched the much acclaimed "Queen". And like everyone else, I loved it too.

But more that anything else, it felt good to be back to my routine.

I also joined my friends to watch the India vs. South Africa cricket match at Singapore Cricket Club. One of my crazy friends was convinced that India will take a wicket in the first over if I promise to do a bottoms up with my port wine if that happens.

(Yes, even in their 30s people behave this way).

I told him that I drink only one glass of wine in a week and I would like to enjoy that by sipping from it and not gulping it down. He retorted by questioning my loyalty to my nation.

To calm him down, I agreed. And India took a wicket in the first over.

Clearly I have magical powers of making national teams win with my consumption of alcohol.

Oh well.

And yes, I did keep my promise.

In other news, my mom has figured out the joy of Whatsapp. These days I find myself sitting in my office and receiving random messages like "hi" followed by "haaaai" followed by "in office?". followed by "what's up" and it goes on. Such excitement!

And then...

... And then...

....Well, nothing.

That's pretty much all that I can remember right now. For some reason (actually, the reason is prolonged absence from blogging and simply moving on with life without putting any thought to it....or it could be the delayed effect of that bottoms up), I seem to be suffering from a general lack of memory on what else happened last week.

In spite of that, I am happy. Which at the end of the day, is all that matters.

Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment