Saturday, August 3, 2013

Days 212 - 215: Ladies Wing, D-Day, Sudoku & Big Smiles!

Quick list for the last few days....

a) I had a meeting with the Singapore Malayalee Association's Ladies Wing, to discuss some of their strategies and potential events. I used to be very active SMA's activities in the past but it had gone down considerably over the last few years due to other priorities. But these associations that represent my state and its people still remain a soft spot and when I was called for this meeting, I couldn't resist but go! Even though there were just a few of us present that evening, I had a great time! It is always a joy to get back to familiar grounds, something I consider close to home and the fellow ladies wing members were pretty enthusiastic and fun to talk to. An evening well spent!

b) Thanks to my super busy schedule at work these days, I had hardly been spending any quality time with my mom. In her words, "What is point of coming to Singapore, if I hardly get to talk to you?!" Fair enough. So on Friday, I made it a point to take her out for an early dinner, followed by the movie D-Day. My original plan was to go for yoga and get back home and sleep, but then I realized that should probably be second priority. My mom enjoyed the dinner and loved the movie. She looks super pleased at the end of the evening and that in turn made me feel super pleased too!

c) I also got to spend some quality time with my mom on Saturday, and this time...instead of any restaurant outings or movie dates, we decided to play Sudoku together. My mom had just recently discovered Sudoku that comes in the daily newspaper, and she got me work it with her. Together we spent hours solving several Sudoku puzzles! Now I feel far less guilty about that quality time!

d) Last but not the least, I am really enjoying this whole motherhood thing a lot more these days. Mainly because the little one has begun to express such extreme joy at seeing me every evening after work! Just as I open the door and get in, her face lights up, she gives her broadest toothless grin, comes wobbling towards me on all fours, in the fastest possible speed she can. As soon as she reaches me, there is a very enthusiastic waving of hands, indicating that she needs to be picked up and as soon as I do that, there is a smothering of "kissies" all over my face. I don't think anyone has looked this pleased to see me ever before. For as long as it would last, I am gonna thoroughly enjoy it!

Nett, my mom's smiling, the little one's smiling, I am smiling. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment