Friday, April 3, 2015

Farewell, Rishikesh!

So here we are.... the last day in Rishikesh! And it was a beautiful cool, cloudy, breezy one. 

The day started with one last awesome yoga class. Today he made us do Sarvangaasana and Halasana, which I thought were just the perfect highlight to wrap the retreat with. When it did end, my fellow yoginis and I felt pretty sad, and all we could do was thank our good teacher profusely. 

I had a couple of hours to kill before leaving for the airport, so I spent it at the poolside, reading my book and enjoying the wonderful weather. When it was time to leave, I went around to say goodbye to everyone at the hotel who made my stay so wonderful - the owner, the managers, the receptionists, the waiters, the restaurant manager, the security guard - all of them who took such good care of me for the last one week. My fellow yogini mentioned, "I wonder whether the owner realizes how good his staff are" and I couldn't agree more!

The rest of the day passed by eventlessly - it was travelling all the way, and I had the "Palace of Illusions" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni for company. I absolutely LOVED the book which narrates the epic Mahabharatha from Draupadi's perspective. It is a terrific read. 

So yes, that's the end of my much awaited yoga retreat. I am so happy I did this and very thankful for the support system (namely the hubby and the helper) that I have that made it possible. 

Now it's time to get back to Singapore and then to a whirlwind shooting schedule in Abu Dhabi starting next week. It's going to be so different from the relaxed, quiet time I have had the past week but thanks to it, I feel prepared for what's coming up. 

Until next time, Rishikesh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment