Sunday, June 9, 2013

Days 158 - 160: Koh Samui!

We made a short weekend getaway to Koh Samui - by "we" I mean, the hubby, the little one and me. It was the birthday celebration of a friend, who was part of the gang I had written about in the previous post. He had booked a five-bedroom villa at the Four Seasons resort for all us - yup, for the 12 adults and 5 infants.

Of course the experience of spending time with such a bunch is unique in itself, but what made the whole trip even more fabulous was the resort the friend had picked out for the trip. It was the Four Seasons at Koh Samui. It was beyond anything I have personally ever seen. So much so that I didn't take any pictures. There was no point. There's no way my photography skills could justify the wonder of that place!

And there is no way my writing skills can do any justice in describing the place as well, so I will let it be. But let's just say I absolutely loved my two days there!

On top of the fabulous villa, the gorgeous views, the exceptional service, there was also the joy of having typical Indian cuisine like Aloo Paratha and Masala chai, thanks to the cook who had been flown down from Dubai! Yeah, I know. I was equally stunned when I knew that the friend had gone to such extremes to make all of us feel so special! It was royal treatment indeed!

And then there was the joy of spending time with friends in such a beautiful location. These are technically the hubby's friends from school and hence, I hadn't interacted a lot with most of them before. Even then I didn't feel out of place even for a second and they were all super nice to me.

So yes, it was a wonderful few days - I got to stay in a wonderful place with a bunch of wonderful friends together with my own wonderful family. A big hug to the friend who made it all possible. God bless him!

Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous!!! So glad you had a great time. Look forward to all of us google hangouting this week.

    ReplyDelete