Friday, June 14, 2013

Days 161 - 165: Turned On Its Head!

Over the last few posts, it would have been evident that I have been going through a relatively rough phase. First I wrote about things being tough, and then I wrote about how I felt like my body was falling apart, and what had not been mentioned so far was also that work's been quite hectic. I am in charge of my business unit's offsite, the preparation time for which was reduced from the normal 3 months to under a month (!) and also several important presentations, all of which have been driving me nuts. So much so that even in my sleep am having meetings or writing proposals in my head. I haven't been getting any reading done, I have not been watching movies, I have not been doing even a bit of thinking about my own short film venture, I haven't been able to write this blog regularly enough nor have I been sleeping proper.

Nett, it's been crazy.

But post the Koh Samui trip where I got a short but good break, I came back energized to get into things head on and turn the situation on its head.

And this week has been super, duper hectic but really amazing!

1) I made significant.... and I mean really SIGNIFICANT progress on the offsite preparations. The offsite is next week and till now there was absolutely no clarity on how things would fall in place. All I had was a list of things-to-get-done but no sight of how that's going to happen. But that's all fixed now. It took several meetings, several phone calls, several rounds of negotiations and several hours of me breaking my head on my laptop, but it is now all done. I feel really good about it!

2) I also had a couple of good presentations with a few different General Managers with good feedback from all! That's, of course, good as well!

3) My in-laws are in town and even though I didn't get to spend too much time with them, due to my crazy busy schedule, whatever time I did get to spend was fabulous!

4) I got a lovely note from a girl who said she was inspired by my blogs and given that that came in on Monday morning, it was enough to lift my spirits and keep me going for the week! God bless her.

5) I got a few more congratulatory messages on Inganeyum Oru Katha!

6) I am apparently getting a raise! Yay!

7) The little one now has begun to smother me with kisses - or rather the open-mouthed, gooey licks on the cheeks which is her version of the "kissie"! She has also begun to react to scolding - either by upturning her lower lip and pretending to cry or by growling and scolding me back. She is also moving around rather freely around the house with her tummy crawls, and that's an entertaining sight too! And last but not the least, she slept through the night on one day! Woot! Never ever happened before! Only bummer was that in spite of her sleeping through, I kept waking up to check on her. But if she makes this a habit, maybe sleeping through the night would be a habit for me too! Can't wait for it.

8) I had done only 3 yoga classes in May (due to sleep deprivation and bad schedules) and that was quite disappointing. I still do DVD workouts and all that but nothing beats hot yoga for me. So I wanted to d a few classes in June and squeezed in 3 so far. It was pretty tough the first couple of classes due to the long break, but in the third class was almost like a come back for me. I even got a "that's pretty good" for my Standing Bow Pulling pose from the instructor. I am not sure how many more lessons I can take this month because of the upcoming offsite and a few trainings I am attending but at least I feel good about it so far.

So yes, it's been a jam packed but pretty productive week and I feel that the relatively tough phase has finally been turned on its head! Feeling super duper awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment