Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Days 166 - 170: Hectic & Happy!

Am super swamped these days and guilty of not being able to write the blogs more regularly. But good news is that I am enjoying myself thoroughly even though am hardly getting time to even breathe!

Aravindum Aarumughamum has been kicked off! We had our first cast meeting together with the photographer who would be helping us with the photoshoot for the posters. We discussed the script, the character sketches, the poster options, the locations possible, the costumes as well as schedule. So now we are all set to do the photoshoot on 20th of July! How exciting!

My new role at work has been announced. As of August 1st, I will move from Head & Shoulders design role to Olay design role and am super duper excited about that. I absolutely loved my H&S days - three whole years, excluding my maternity leave - and I enjoyed every minute of it. My team was terrific and my work was inspiring. Sure it had its share of ups and downs but it has been an incredible learning experience and I will always be grateful for the opportunity to work in that assignment. My H&S stint was also when everything from this blog to Mausams had happened, so I am very thankful for that too! But I am happy to take on a new role now... a challenging one I hear, but a thrilling one at the same time. So here's to another new beginning!

The announcement process of my new role itself was a high point for me. It was done by my manager in front of the whole haircare organization and he had a few nice things to say about me. This was supported by our GM and it was super nice of both of them. Needless to say, it left me feel all glowing inside!

My in laws have moved to our place from our brother-in-laws' and it is good to have them around. We get to spend more quality time together now!

Am keeping up my exercise regime in spite of the hectic schedule, so am happy about that.

The offsite I am organizing...well, it got royally screwed up with the current haze conditions in Singapore. We had very painstakingly planned out mural painting at low income childcare centres as part of our team building activity. But now with the haze, today, it was decided that will not have this activity any more. And the offsite is tomorrow. What a bummer. You can imagine the confusion this had caused in terms of logistics and communication. But more that I felt quite upset about the humungous waste of effort because really, it was not at all easy to organize this. So yes, I felt blue but then our leadership team was very sweet and supportive about the whole thing that I did manage to feel better later on. I guess this is "beautiful" because while it was a tough and undesirable situation, I did manage to move on pretty soon and appreciate the support received from everyone.

On the bright side, the offsite preparations were on in full swing. I saw myself packing 140 goodie bags with a ton of "goodies", one whole morning. It was like I was back in school! Total fun! Goodie bag packing, run sheet developing, amendments, printing, preparing and sending communications, final check with vendors, etc. etc. etc. - there was an endless list of things to do but as of this evening, they are all done. Now hopefully the offsite - or whatever is remaining of it after the cancellation of the mural painting - will rock! Fingers crossed!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new developments :) And all the best for the rest of what is going to come! :)

    ReplyDelete