Sunday, June 23, 2013

Days 171 - 174: The Offsite & the Celebrations!

The offsite my team and I had been working so hard on, took place on 20 - 21 June. And I am extremely happy to share that it was a phenomenal success! Like, P.H.E.N.O.M.E.N.A.L success! SO, so happy!

I can write a 2000-word post on it, but I shall refrain from doing so. Let's just say that everyone from the VP to the entire leadership team to every other person who attended the offsite told me that they had the best time! They loved the venue, the speakers, the awards ceremony with its Oscar-like videos, the red carpet with its live video streaming, the photobooth that gave them instant prints as well as the super cool goodie bags that was a parting gift. Some said that it was their best offsite ever and my VP said that he can't think of one thing to change about the offsite and that it was so perfect! I felt incredibly good and extremely proud of the work my team did to pull this off! It was so totally work all that effort and sleepless nights!

I personally loved staying at Changi Cove hotel, the venue for our offsite, with its writeable walls, espresso machines, bean bags and swings! My team dressed up on a "gothic" theme which basically meant black nail polish, scary, black kohl-ed eyes and a black dress, of course. That was fun too! One highlight for me was having the privilege of having a long conversation with our guest speaker for the offsite, Mr. Chris Moon, as I briefed him on the event. Chris is a Khmer Rough captivity survivor (one of the very few to be so), lost an arm and a leg as he was clearing land mines in Africa, ran the London Marathon within a year of leaving the hospital, is the first amputee ultra marathoner, runs the toughest Death Valley marathon and has a 100% success rate in taking groups to scale the Kilimanjaro! How unbelievable is that! Meeting him and listening to him speak, would remain one of the high points of my life.

I got back from the offsite incredibly tired but incredibly happy!

The weekend was spent on recovering from the offsite and celebrating its success. This basically meant shopping, gorging on a lot of good food, giving a celebratory treat to the hubby and the in laws at our favourite Da Luca, going for a midnight Teh Halia (ginger tea) at Al Afrose hawker centre near our place, and watching the rib tickling Fukrey!

A few awesome days!

No comments:

Post a Comment