Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 253: The Glorious 5-Minute Welcome Back Home!

This was my first business trip post pregnancy and the first time away from the little one. So I was rather curious to see her reaction when I get back home. Apparently she was pretty alright in my absence and there was no sign of separation anxiety. OK, that's good but I hoped that she would still be mighty pleased to see me back and would give me a grand welcome.

As I entered the house, there she was, playing with our helper. She looked up and saw me.

Her first reaction was that of...well... utter puzzlement. It was almost like she just realized that I was actually not around for the last few days and has somehow managed to appear now.

This realization was soon followed by a great insistence of wanting to be picked up. That was enough for my heart to start melting. I dropped all the luggage instantly and rushed to pick her up.

The joy was evident. She laughed heartily and throatily, in her usual style, and started to give me her version of a "kissie" all over my face.

My heart had, by now, turned into gooey, fully melted butter.

She then repeated for a few times, her version of "hide and seek" by burying her face into my neck first and then revealing it with her toothless grin.

"Oh... how sweet....this must be what they mean by mother-child bond", I exclaimed.

I was probably just at the end of that sentence when, just like that, she lost interest in hiding and seeking and insisted on being put back down.

Erm.. OK.

I put her down and she immediately turned her attention to her favourite Lego pieces and for probably the umpteenth time in the day, picked each piece up and threw it in a random direction.

All of the above lasted for about a little more than 4 minutes. But for convenience sake, let's round it up to 5.

So yes... I had 5 minutes of the most glorious welcome back home!


No comments:

Post a Comment