Monday, September 30, 2013

Days 264 - 273: Summit, Fitness Blender, Snake & Ladder, Discoveries!

Clearly, blogging has taken a backseat.

But that's because I have been THAT busy.

Just a month into my new assignment and I was given the opportunity (a very good one, I must add) to lead a summit that involved well... a LOT of people... and that was meant to answer a LOT of critical questions.

And that meant a LOT of work. I was hitting work at 7am pretty much every single day of the week and getting back home well past any normal hours.

But the good news is that the summit - which happened over 26th & 27th, was a great success! At least that's what those who attended it told me.

So, as of now, I am on top of the world! It was back breaking work but with grin inducing results. Plus I must also add that the food that was catered for the two days of the summit was mindblowing. Probably the best catered food I've had at any meeting or training in my office!

Now, of course I am happy that the summit got good feedback. But what was most interesting was that even when I was putting in those insane hours into work, I think I was actually having fun! Because I didn't catch myself grumbling over it... not even once. That's rather strange but very welcome. And I hope this new found enthusiasm and passion is here to stay!

In other news, I chanced upon this website called Fitness Blender that has the best list of workout videos ever! And they are absolutely free too! Am having a great time trying out one workout after the other from their endless list. I also got myself an exercise ball because it was required for quite a few different routines and its only then I realized how fun exercise balls are! Really loving this new discovery!

Speaking of discoveries, we also happened to discover two new restaurants. One was a neighbourhood restaurant called "Old School Delights". We have passed by it so many times but never stepped into it until now. The menu featured typical Singaporean dishes like Mee Siam, Curry Chicken and Laksa but what was fascinating was how, true to its name, it was dedicated to Singapore's good old heritage. The Coke came in glass bottles instead of cans, there were several antiques like old cameras, cassettes, iron fans and such, and they even had the old school board games like snake & ladder. It was adorable! Of course, the hubby and I engaged ourselves in a fiery game of Snake & Ladder and I lost miserably. But of course, it was a really lovely experience. This is definitely one place I will go back to. Oh, and I just discovered their website too... which is yet another adorable part of them!

The other discovery was Rang Mahal. Well, this is technically not a discovery because both of us have been here before but mainly with other friends or colleagues and that too a long time ago. But somehow it had never occurred to the hubby and I to add this to our regular hangouts. Once the bill came, it was pretty clear that there is no way this will become a regular hangout, but I have to give their amazing starter of Jumbo Prawns filled with Crabmeat, a special mention. Because, even at that hefty price, that's one think I could go back for. It was simply out of this world!

Last but not the least, it's simply fascinating to watch the little one grow! She has moved on from ignoring or sitting up and clapping every time I sing a lullaby, to actually sing along with me. And when I stop, she continues to sing anyway and falls asleep on her own! Adorable! And these days, she has also mastered this routine of cuddling up, tucking her head into my neck or my arms, and lying there as if it's the most perfect place in the world. My heart immediately turns into a gooey mess when she does that. I was also completely amazed to see that she slides down the slide in the playground and then crawls back up to it to slide again, all on her own! I didn't even know 10 month olds could do that! This motherhood thing is a real journey of discovery, I have to admit!

So yes, it's been a few good days. Busy but happy. And those are always the best kind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment