Sunday, September 8, 2013

Days 247 - 250: Compliments, Mallu Movies, Background Scores and Shot Breakdowns!

5 - 8 September, 2013

So it is pretty clear that work has picked up... a LOT.. and looks like it is here to stay. My days pass by in a snap; am rushing from one meeting to another, writing emails after emails, preparing documents after documents and seriously giving that good old brain a real workout.

But it is all good. Am enjoying myself because I find the work scope challenging and fun!

And what's even more feel-good is that am managing to squeeze a few other things into my schedule as well. If I were to pick one highlight from each of the last four days, they would ....

a) On Thursday, I hit yoga and had a really good class. What was awesome about it was that the teacher, post the class, told me that I look "lovely". According to her I have "toned up a fair bit". Of course, am always all for compliments and I told her that I love her.

b) On Friday, I caught a Malayalam movie in the theatre. This is a rare event. These days, there are more Malayalam movies releasing here in Singapore but I don't get to go for any, due to other priorities like baby-time, hubby-time, total-family-time, exercise-time, filmmaking-time, sleeping-time and other such important times. In fact, I believe this is the first time I managed to catch a Malayalam movie at the theatre, post pregnancy. The movie was highly forgettable but the experience wasn't. I had a great time thanks to the two good friends who had tagged along with me!

c) On Saturday, the music director for Aravindum Aarumughamum sent across the very, very draft reference of the background score he was working on for the film. This, I feel, is one of the most exciting parts of making any film. When the music comes in! It was beautiful and I immediately started to visualize all the frames in my head! Super awesome a feel that is!

d) On Sunday, I managed to complete the shot breakdowns for Aaravindum Aarumughamum. I had started on this before the cruise trip, but had gotten through only 50% of it. This could be the most challenging project I have ever done, in terms of direction complexity. So thinking through each shot was a tedious and time consuming process. But as of this morning, it's all done and ready! Exciting!

So yes, it's been four pretty exciting days!

And now am off for my first ever business trip post pregnancy - to China!



No comments:

Post a Comment