Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 254: Another Level of Romantic Talk!

The hubby never fails to amaze me.

Just when I was thinking that he is completely sliding down the being-romantic graph, he took it to a whole different level.

It all started with a conversation over dinner about how to manage stress levels. Usually during such conversations between the two of us, I do most of the talking because well... I do think am better at managing stress as well as handling general life questions, plus I like to give advice.

So yes, there I was, eloquently articulating my philosophies on these matters and there he was,  listening intently. ``

Towards the end, I finished it off with a humble, "At least that's what I think", and looked at him, anticipating some awe and appreciation of my wisdom.

I expected him to say, "Thank you. That's such an inspiration", or "You are so awesome, how well you think these things through", or at least a "You are right. I agree with you."

Instead he said.............., "You are my dialysis machine."

What.

Maybe he was expecting me to totally get the profoundness of that statement but seeing that I clearly didn't, he continued, "You know... you like...you cleanse me up from the inside."

Wow. Really now.

While I processed this in my head, he looked pretty smug. I could tell that he thinks he has totally cracked it. His eyes gleamed, indicating that in his head, the statement encapsulated key dimensions of a conversation with your wife - romance, philosophy, wisdom.

I was at a loss on how to react. So I simply asked him, "Can I please put this on my blog?"

"No", came the reply.

OK then.

I love you too, dear husband.


1 comment: