Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 1 of Sabbatical!

Today is the official start of my sabbatical; last Friday was my last working day at Procter & Gamble, and as of March 1st, am officially "on a break"!

Over the last few days, I had a really good time catching up with all the good friends I had made at P&G over the years and that last day was special too - it was our Chinese New Year celebration which I, as the "Culture" head of the team, organized. The team turned it into a lovely farewell and it was all pretty nice. I ended the decade long P&G chapter with a big smile and lot of excitement for the next phase!

Given that sabbaticals are not always easy to come by, I have decided to make the most of this one. I plan to get back to my daily blogging just like the before-30 times. Something tells me that there are going to be a lot of memories to cherish over the next few months and I want to make sure I capture all of them for posterity. Also, my Type A personality demands that while "taking rest" during a sabbatical is all well and good, I should also make sure that I am not "wasting time". Needless to say, that's a delicate balance to strike. And writing about one awesome thing a day the way I used to, might just help achieve the balance.

So. Today is Day 1.

And, what did I do?

I spent the whole morning rehearsing with my actors for my next full length feature film!

Yup, that's right! I am going to make another independent, low budget feature film - it would be my second one, after Mausams, and am crazy excited about it! This would pretty much be the first film that I am not producing on my own (I will be the writer - director), and even more excitingly, if things go according to the plan, I will be making this film in UAE! Yup, my very first film outside of Singapore! (EXCITEMENT OVERLOAD!)

But I have to admit that it is still too early to say that it's all locked and loaded. There are too many loose ends and open issues to sort right now to say that it is 100% going to happen. 

But what is exciting is that I will be travelling to Dubai tomorrow to meet the team there! The team is headed by my dear friend and co-film maker (he was the editor for Mausams and Inganeyum Oru Katha, cinematographer-editor for Aravindum Aarumughamum and is currently doing the food photography for Athazham all the way from UAE!). Once I get there, we will discuss all the pre production matters after which we will be able to lock the details for this film. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for this one and am really hoping that this goes on the floors very soon! If you have a prayer to spare, do send one across my way!

Separately, I am not sure whether I fit the bill yet, but I like to think that I am a temporary "stay at home" mom. In this new role, I was all over the Little One today, who, by the way, is currently sporting a Halle Berry look with closely cropped hair. I miss her curls but have decided that she looks equally (or maybe even more) adorable in the "Boy Cut". I spent the whole afternoon and evening playing with her, singing our current favourite song "Prabhuji, daya karo" together (a devotional one originally taught by her grandmom, my mom in law), doing "Ogga" (yoga) together, talking a walk and buying groceries together and generally enjoying each other's company. 

So far, the sabbatical is going super awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment