Saturday, March 14, 2015

Shot Breakdowns, Scripts, Edits, Rehearsals & Catch Ups!

The last few days have been busy and productive. Here's all that I managed to get done.

1) Completed the shot breakdowns for all the scenes except one, for the new feature film. That one leftover scene is something I haven't cracked yet. The challenge is that the scene is very long and I need to figure a way out to make it visually engaging throughout. Fingers crossed for some idea to strike me soon!

2) Had two rehearsals for the film - one of them while walking through the crowded Pagoda Street in Chinatown, under the hot afternoon sun. This was to get the cast familiarized with the layout of a typical street market, which would be the location for this particular scene. Of course, the hot afternoon sun was just a by product of the scheduling vs. an actual requirement, but I guess it doesn't do any harm to familiarize with the heat... which is something to be expected in Abu Dhabi by April.

3) Completed the next episode for Athazham - this meant sitting down with my editor to finalize the edit, doing subtitles (one of those tedious, boring things that I consider a necessary evil), updating the food blog, etc. It should be released tomorrow.

4) Scripted a new episode for Athazham - this one will feature two guest roles, so it's gonna be fun! Now we need to figure out when to shoot it!

5) Caught up with friends - finally! I hadn't met anyone for more than a month now... what will all the traveling, so now I finally caught up with the usual gang and also my best friend from P&G (who is also an ex P&Ger now). I also managed to have catch up chats over the phone, whatsapp etc. with whole lot of others, all of which I think is good use of the sabbatical time.

6) Tickets booked for shoot! - Last, but definitely not the least, our (i.e. the cast's and mine) air tickets are booked for the shoot of the feature film next month! Phew! It is going to be incredibly exciting but I am also bracing myself with how incredibly exhausting it is going to be as well as how many issues we are going to face (I am certain there will be plenty). But I think this would be an experience of a lifetime and I can't wait!

So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment