Thursday, March 26, 2015

What The Rest Of This Sabbatical Will Look Like!

It's been a few days since my last post and much has happened! I mean, MUCH has happened! 

For starters, now I know when exactly this sabbatical is going to end. Yup, I have accepted a job offer - something that promises to be both incredibly exciting and challenging - and I am super thrilled with it! 

More details about the company and role will follow later, but the last few days have been just too good to be true. I had a string of interviews, one after the other, all within 4 working days or so, and I was verbally offered the role in my last "interview" which was a videoconference with my future manager, followed by the actual written offer yesterday, which I accepted. I had been in talks with this company for a different role a few weeks ago but that didn't happen, so I was very excited through the latest developments because this was a company that I really was keen on - it is a new and meaningful category, they are known to be one of the best employers around, and I had really good experiences talking to each and every person during my interviews, that I thought the 'feel' was just right. The role that I had been offered is not going to be easy for sure, but then what's life if not with a bit of a challenge? So am really looking forward to it! 

Which brings us to point no. 2. My starting date would be May 4th and this means that out of the remaining sabbatical, I would be in Singapore for only 4 days. 

Because, as I write this, I am on my much awaited, much dreamt of yoga retreat! Yeah, baby! I am off to Rishikesh, the Yoga Capital of the World (as it is popularly known as) for a week long yoga retreat. I had originally booked this in October 2014 for February this year, but given all that was happening at the time (the Little One's "ezhuthiniruthu" ceremony, my cousin's wedding, leaving P&G etc), I postponed it and finally have decided to get it done before this sabbatical ends. 

After the Yoga retreat, I will be back in Singapore for the abovementioned 4 days, after which I will leave for UAE for the film's shoot and then from there to Kerala to spend some more time than my typical 4-day holiday with my parents. Like my dad put it across "if you don't spend time here now, when will you ever?" Point noted. This also means that after probably a gap of a decade, I get to see the biggest festival that part of the world witnesses - the magnificent Thrissur Pooram, and this has made my mom go into a frenzy of joy because she is one of the biggest enthusiasts of the festival! Awesomeness! And after that when I get back, it's time for the new workplace! 

So there, that's what the remaining sabbatical looks like. It would last for a total 2 months (March/April) and looks pretty packed for the rest of it. 

The last few days had been crazy preparing for what's coming up - I had been packing madly for the various trips (retreat, shoot, home) because I won't be getting time in between, I had been packing for the little one who will also be coming to Kerala, I had to get my medical tests done for the new company, had to get a bunch of paperwork completed, make sure all bills are paid or are ready to be paid for the next few weeks, shop, say goodbye to friends and what not. 

But it's all done now and am here, at the gate of the Changi airport, super excited about this first solo trip ever, that's not for work! Even the location recee trip to UAE was "work" technically, and I always had my team with me there. But this is just going to I, me and myself and I am so looking forward to the quiet, contemplative time. It's just what I need for what lies ahead. 

Just. So. Excited (and grateful for everything so far!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment