Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 104: Vishu!


It’s Vishu, the Malayalam New Year!

Mom and I woke up early – or rather, got out of the bed early because “waking up” works only if you have slept in the first place. The little one decided that she will turn Vishu to Shivratri and was quite active the whole night. (For the uninformed, Shivratri is an Indian festival where you are supposed to stay up the whole night). Anyway, after getting ready and a small prayer, mom gave the hubby, the little one and I the “vishukaineettam”, a token of wishing prosperity for the year to come.

All of us then made the customary visit to the temple, followed by the Vishu sadya (feast) at my favourite restaurant Swaadhisht. I met a few fellow Mallu friends there, who introduced me to a Mallu couple. The husband told me that he had watched my films while the wife told me that she reads this blog! Woah! Nothing like a bit of ego boost and resulting gratitude on New Year’s Day! So thank you folks – for watching my films, for reading my blog!

Later in the afternoon, one of my most favourite persons, my teacher mentor from my Junior College days, paid a visit to meet the little one. She is one of the nicest, most selfless and generous persons I have ever come across and it is honestly a pity that I don’t see as much of her as I should. We met each other after a few years now, albeit being in the same city! But it was lovely to have her over and catch up with her. Took up the beauty of the day by several notches.

So that’s it. Another Vishu has passed by. But once again, a really special one.

No comments:

Post a Comment