Friday, April 12, 2013

Days 99 - 102: The First Week!

The first week back at work was nothing short of fantabulous! Not just because I enjoyed being back in the office with my friends at work, but also because I took up a new routine which I thorougly enjoyed. 

Highlights: 

a) 6:30am Yoga - Yes! I managed to hit Yoga twice at 6:30am and then once for an evening class in this week. This feat was only possible because my mom is in town and I handed the little one to her for the nights. This meant I can get a good night's sleep and get up fresh and happy by 5:30am. It was a very feel-good experience - to do hot yoga early in the morning, on an empty stomach, sweating it out and getting your dose of exercise out of your way in the morning itself, thereby freeing up the rest of the day for other fun stuff. 

b) Rising before the sun - 6:30am yoga of course meant waking up 5:30am, way before the sun rises in Singapore. I love the empty roads, the ease of getting cabs, watching a rare jogger enjoying his run, walking into the mall (where the yoga studio is located) when it is dark and empty, watching a few workers setting up the structures for the day's events in the main pavillion, watching the early office goers rushing by as I get out of the studio, reaching my office way before 9am, having a relaxed breakfast and feeling oh so good about everything in the world! I even saw a catwalk rehearsal early in the morning! They had set up a ramp in the mall and the models were there bright and early, rehearsing for the show later. Fun! 

c) Fun training at work - Once in a while, as marketeers, we have these "inspirational" sessions where they share the best in class advertising from across the world, which hopefully would get us to make better advertising for our own brands. I happened to attend one such training where they shared ads from the Superbowl, considered the Mecca for advertising where a single spot is charged 4 million bucks. And like every other such training, I enjoyed this one too... especially since it was held at a very funky venue called Club Kyo. Definitely a really good way to get back to work, all inspired! 

d) Time with the little one - Being back to work also makes me more appreciative of the time I have the with the little one. I have a few hours of us "Us time" every day where it's just me and her, playing. That's a nice part of the routine as well. 

e) Nautanki Saala! - I wound up the week with a "routine" Friday night movie, "Nautanki Saala" which I absolutely loved! It's gotta be one of the funniest Hindi films I have watched, especially in the first half and that ended the week on a real high note! 

No comments:

Post a Comment