Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 116: Until 1:30 am!

That's how long the hubby and I chatted away with a close friend.... until 1:30am!

This, of course, would not have been anything special a while ago but ever since the little one came along, we get back home latest by 11:30pm or so.

But today, we stretched it a while longer.

It all started with dinner at my favourite place Maggie Thai followed by a movie. The movie was rather boring, so we left at interval point and decided to spend the rest of the evening chatting away.

Best decision ever!

Over cups of Starbucks drinks (mine was a Mocha to help me get through this rare late night), we chatted for a few hours straight! About life, dreams and happiness in general.

It was the perfect night out.

Before we knew it, it was 1:30am and we took our leave. We got back to a fast asleep baby, thereby missing out any play time for the day, but I realized that I really needed this night out. I was beginning to miss it, i.e. spending time as and how I liked it, vs. having to plan every single detail out before stepping out of the house.

So this helped me appreciate everything a little bit more - the good evening, the company of a wonderful friend and the joy of getting back to my own little one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment