Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 106: One Day, One Lesson!


A day of learning it indeed was! 

It started with me waking up at 5:30am and being in two minds – whether to go for the 6:30am yoga class or not. After much to and fro in my head, I convinced myself that going for yoga was definitely a far better route to take, and so I dragged myself out of the bed.

I was at the yoga studio by 6:05am and saw that the studio was locked, with a few others waiting outside. That was strange. Usually the studio opens sharp at 6:00am for the 6:30 class. We waited and waited and waited. Until 6:40, when I finally gave up. This has never happened before, that a class gets cancelled without prior notice.

Feeling incredibly disappointed at having missed a day of yoga so very unnecessarily, and frustrated at having wasted one day of early rising as well as the effort and the money required to get to the studio so early, I got back home without any of the rise-and-shine attitude I had when I left it. I was feeling really... like, REALLY annoyed and decided that everything from this day, this week, the people around me and my life in general sucks. 

Once back home I realized that it was only 7am, there is plenty of time before I have to get ready for office and that the weather outside is great. 

Then the golden question struck me - "Why not utilize this opportunity to go for a run?!"

Pure genius. 

Before I knew it, I was out of yoga gear and in my running gear (which basically means that I put on running shoes) and out of my house. Thus I went on my first run post maternity – for 3.2 kms.

The downside of the run was that …well, I realized that I am in no shape to start running yet. It brought back my knee and pelvic injury pain that has been contributed by pregnancy. So I don’t think I will be doing this again for a while. 

But there was a significant upside! I was no longer disappointed or frustrated. I decided that the day was great, the week's gonna be great, the people around me are really the best and my life in general, rocks! 

Learning of the day - Clearly, if you don't get what you want, you gotta do the best with what you get and you shall automatically feel oh-so-awesome! 

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment