Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 123: A Day of Fantastic Opportunities & Great Progress!

It was indeed a day of progress and opportunities.

Firstly, the little one has managed to say "mum" and then "mum-mum" when I was teaching her how to say "mummy". Great progress!

At work, I made major headway in a project that I am handling, which gives me immense pleasure!

Then I got an offer for a very exciting assignment. The background is that post my maternity leave, am currently on a temporary role with specific projects for a couple of months, before moving on a to more permanent role. There have been a few discussions on what that new role would be and today, I got to know more about a potential one which seems to be a great fit for me. So that's an opportunity I am looking forward to taking up.

After work I hit yoga, and got a "Good one, Shilpa" for my Eagle Pose or Garudasana. It's the first time am getting a "check" on this particular pose postpartum, so that's great progress in my yoga practice as well.

Then I went for a very close friend's dance concert. It's my first concert post pregnancy and my first solo trip to a concert in a really long while, both of which I take as progress in my social and personal life.

And last, the icing on the cake with cherry on top - I have a producer for my feature length film! A dear friend from India, who had recently turned part-time movie producer, was in town and I met up with him together with the hubby. Over a good dinner from Mirchi @ Esplanade, we discussed various topics until he asked me where I was with my script-writing, especially the one that I had worked on during my maternity leave. So I gave him a rundown on the theme, the production requirements and how it can be marketed and before I knew it, he was saying that he was keen to produce it! He immediately called up his producer-partner and asked him to get details on how to go about this given that my movie is meant for the Tamil industry, while they had experience producing films only in Malayalam and Hindi so far. He was insisting that if this film gets made, I should be in the director's chair and not just be the writer. While that won't be possible for me right now given my work and family commitments, am definitely excited about the opportunity for my script to be turned into a film!

What a fantabulous, exciting day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment