Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 132: First Mother's Day as a Mom!

It was my first Mother's Day as a mom. I don't believe at all in Hallmark created special days and was not planning to celebrate it at all. But then it turned out to be a pretty nice day on its own!

It started off with brunch at my dear brunch place Canopy and this time, amidst the greenery, the pet dogs, the lovely food, the company of the hubby and the little, there was also the company of a dear friend who had joined us. It was nice catching up with him and the morning passed by in a jiff.

The afternoon was spent on sleeping and recovering from the long, tiring week. The best part is that the little one co-operated as well and had a siesta along with me for a couple of hours - a deed she had not done for at least a couple of months now! So am guessing it was her little Mother's Day gift for me!

In the evening, the hubby insisted on taking me out for dinner at our favourite place Da Luca in order to celebrate Mother's Day. Like I have mentioned, I don't believe in celebrating all these special days that seem to have sprung up from nowhere over the past few years, but given that he seemed rather keen about, I played along. After all, who can say no to some good food and a glass of wine?

So there it was ... a simple but very happy first Mother's Day for me...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment