Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 80: The Diet & The Exercise Regime begins!

So yes, the India trip is over. I am back with a lot of beautiful memories as well as 3.5 kilos of extra weight and more inches than I want to count. Jeez! This has never happened before - i.e. I have never put on weight due to excess holiday eating before but pregnancy does change your body in more ways that you can imagine!

But it's OK. Nothing to panic about. With a decently healthy diet and regular exercise, I hope to get back to my pre-holiday self and in the longer run, pre-pregnancy self.

Today, on top of relaxing to get over the extreme holiday fatigue and unpacking the ridiculous amount of stuff I seemed to have hoarded in India, I also charted up a diet and exercise plan for myself. It's pretty simple actually and follows a few key pointers which I will share. In case this becomes successful, I can always refer back to it in the future!

So here we go.

My Diet Plan
a) Have eggs, meat/fish, green vegetables and fruits every day.
b) Avoid desserts and sweets of all sorts. (I had one rasagulla or gulab jamun or peda or payasam or chocolate cake or brownie or other similar super yummy but ridiculously calorific items pretty much every single meal in India)
c) Have only 1 cup of tea or coffee a day (I used to have about 8 a day in India!)
d) Have 2 glasses of milk every day (This is for my slightly failing calcium levels and resulting joint pains post pregnancy)
e) Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday (This was a good practice of mine here in Singapore but was thrown out of the window when in India)
f) Reduce amount of rice and stick to 2-3 rotis only per meal

My Exercise Plan
Exercise at least 4 times a week - this can be anything from walking to bikram yoga.

That's it. I am gonna follow this for a a few days and see what comes off it.

Every time I take on a "project" like this, it makes me excited! Looking forward to seeing how this works! 

2 comments:

  1. unless its whole meal, roti isnt any healthier (oir less fattening) than rice. Infact if you hav been heaving rice more often since childhood, you better stick to rice (metabolic gearedness)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the idea was to eat less of eveything. i am used to both rotis and rice. but want to cut down on the no. of roties (usually 4-5 to 2-3) and amount of rice.

      Delete