Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Days 84 - 85: Putting Things Back In Their Place!

25-26 March, 2013

And by "things" here, I mean my muscles, limbs and other such elements that make up my body.

The Indian vacation had given my body a real rough shake. The endless hours of travel, the constant demand of the little one, the sleepless nights and the changing weather conditions had all contributed to it. My knees hurt, my ankles hurt, my back hurt, my shoulders hurt, my neck hurt, everything hurt.  Even after getting good rest for about 3-4 days, things had not recovered at all.

So there was really one thing left to do. Bikram Yoga!

Yup, I was back in the hot room for two days in a row and needless to say, I struggled. I felt faint, my legs felt like rubber, I heard cracking sounds from my knees, shoulders and neck, I had the flexibility of an iron rod and I just wanted to die. Dramatic, sure. But that's how it was.

Good news, however, is that I also felt like my body was moving a bit closer to what a normal human body should be like. I could feel each muscle being stretched, feel the blood circulating in every joint, feel the soreness being replaced by relaxation, feel things moving back to their rightful positions. In spite of the hardships, I went through the lessons and came out feeling like I have had the best massage ever!

It felt Good. It felt Oh-So-Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment