Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 59: A Truck Load of Attention!

Super nice day when a truck load of attention, gifts and love were showered!

Not on me, but on the little one. 

I have come to realize (and accept) that absolutely nobody is fascinated to see me anymore and it is really all about the little one. Oh well. So yes, she was hugged, kissed, played with, fought over and super pampered through the day. 

We had several visitors - my uncles and aunts, cousin, neighbours, friends (one friend even came over from Mumbai!) and those who couldn't visit yet were calling me through the day. I was running from one call to another, from one visitor to another, catching up, showing off the little one, and having general merriment. 

The little one charmed everyone for a while after which she decided enough was enough and put on her most frustrated front. And when she does that, all that mummy-baby bond I was talking about yesterday... well yeah, even that doesn't work. She caused utter havoc inside the house. 

Then we realized something. That the frustration melts away when she is outside the house. You take her to the roads, walk her, put her in a car, or do any such activity that involves the outdoors, and she immediately transforms into an angel. She puts on an expression of such serenity and docility that one wonders where the other baby disappeared to. 

In the evening, after a whole day at home that resulted in quite a war between the Little One vs. The Adults, we put her in a car together with her grandparents as well as my friend from Mumbai and we went off for dinner. She was quiet in the car and later in the restaurant. She watched all the proceedings very curiously and after she had quenched her curiosity, she fell asleep on my lap through the rest of the dinner.  

And I must mention the dinner. Dinner was at Indian Wok - a new Indian Chinese place in Thrissur. We ordered quite a few dishes but my favourites were the Jade Chicken Soup - which was sweet corn  chicken soup with a mix of coriander, which I thought was a deadly combination!; their Egg Hakka Noodles, a pretty good lamb dish the name of which I forget now, and last but definitely not the least their "Sizzling Brownie", which is brownie with vanilla ice cream put on a hot pan. Once the pan is placed in front of you, they pour chocolate syrup on it, filling up the entire base. This is what "sizzles" thereby giving the dish its interesting name. The brownie and the syrup gets a bit fried, giving a really interesting taste. Loved it and highly recommended! 

I must also mention how I had very unexpectedly bumped into an old school friend! We were on our way back from dinner when I noticed a guy wearing a helmet, riding a bike, was waving frantically at me with the widest of all grins. I first thought he got the person wrong, because I couldn't recognize him. So I turned my head away confused and well, very unfriendly. Then he sounded the horn, waved again, and the grin got even bigger and then it dawned on me that it was my friend from school! I had not seen him for more than a decade now, so one can't really blame me for not being able to recognize him, especially when he was donning a helmet! After the recognition, of course we stopped the car and I had a very quick catch up with him on the roadside. It was a nice little surprise indeed, bumping into him like that! 

Thus the first day in Kerala with the little one comes to an end. A good day indeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment