Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 88: I, Me & Myself!

Today was completely about ... well, me. And by that I mean that it was totally spent on making myself happy, comfortable and the center of all things good.

It all started with the hubby offering to take care of the little one at night while I sleep in the guest room, a privilege that he has been enjoying for the last few months. I grabbed the offer and for the first time in more than a year or so, I got eight straight hours of sleep! Which made me incredibly happy and according to my helper, made me "look fresher than she has seen me ever"!

Then I spent the whole day doing pretty much nothing. Which is again, something that I, me, myself enjoys a lot once in a while.

Then evening came. We, the three of us, had planned to go out for dinner together. However, by the time we got the little one fed and dressed up, got ourselves dressed up, and figured out where to go out, it had gotten rather late, it had begun to pour cats and dogs and the little one had begun to fall asleep. So the dinner plan as a family was thrown out of the window. Our helper was also out, so the hubby and I couldn't go out leaving the little one behind either. I was about to get really disappointed and frustrated at the "unfairness" of it all, when the hubby decided to be super sweet and offered to look after the little one while I take some time out for myself.

Wow.

After some initial hesitation, I took up the offer! Armed with a book, I went out to the neighbourhood mall and hit a European dining joint for dinner with myself. The book was below average, the food was below average, but I felt completely above my average level of happiness. Those couple of hours of isolation and quiet did a lot to my heart, mind and soul and I decided that I love the hubby a little bit more than before.

Thus a day completely dedicated to myself, by myself, for myself, after ages. Loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment