Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 89 - 90: The Awesome Last Lap!

30 - 31 March, 2013

I am joining back work on April 8th, thus ending a rather eventful maternity leave. Part of me is looking forward to it and part of me is absolutely not, for very obvious reasons. Anyway, point is that I am going back and it is going to be another rollercoaster ride when I try to figure out motherhood, career, hobbies, health and everything else all at once. Before I step into the upcoming whirlwind, I wanted to make sure that I completely enjoy and cherish what I consider this final weekend of the maternity leave. OK, technically the "final weekend" is the next one but I am pretty certain I would be all busy, nervous and in swinging states of mind the weekend right before joining back. So this weekend was effectively the real deal and I was determined to make the most of it.

And I did too!

Highlights:
a) Early morning Bikram Yoga class on the weekend! This hasn't happened in ages! Even before pregnancy I could hardly make it to morning classes but I somehow managed to do that which did wonders to my health, mental well-being as well as pride.
b) Family time - We spent a lot of time as the three of us as well as just the two of us (i.e. hubby and I). One of the highlights was the outdoor brunch at Canopy together with the little one. I had always wanted to take her there, so she can see the dogs and the bunnies and enjoy the outdoors on a nice weekend morning. However, every weekend we would either wake up too late or get ready too late and till now, never made it for the famed Canopy brunch. So when it finally happened, I was thrilled!
c) Jolly LLB - That's a new Hindi film that the hubby and I caught in the theatre, our first film after about two months! And I enjoyed most of it too.
d) Food - From Thai (Thai Express) to Turkish (Arab Street) to German (Pretzels and Spatzels from Brotzeit) to Indian (Shahi Maharani) to Continental (Canopy), I ate them all!

So yes, it was a packed, fun, family oriented weekend and I feel ready to get back to work! Bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment