Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 189: Astray!

'Astray' is a collection of short stories by Emma Donoghue. I had no clue about the book or the author until I chanced upon it in a bookshop and discovered that it was one of the cheapest books available (Singapore is ridiculous when it comes to prices of books!)

And I must say I am really enjoying reading it.

I love her style of writing. Not too complex, not too simple. Just nice.

I also love that she has put together the collection based on snippets of news headlines from the 19th and early 20th century. Every short story is followed by the details of the news clip that triggered the author's imagination and it's like visualizing a whole story behind the random names that come up on the newpaper. Fascinating!

Now I totally want to read all her other books!


2 comments:

  1. Stumbled upon this blog while researching your profile after watching IOK.

    I have to say this. "Vaishali Rocks".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, pakkamallu! :) that is a very nice comment. am glad you enjoyed my little film! thank you !

      Delete