Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 210: Love Letter!

The hubby and I had a fight.

It doesn't matter what the fight was all about, but what is absolutely crucial to note is that we both agreed that the fault was entirely his.

Then, doesn't that solve the issue, you may ask. After all, the culprit agrees to his crime.

Nope.

Because I was of the viewpoint that he gotta make amendments for his actions. So I asked him to figure out how to make things right, than just agreeing that the fault was all his.

Now, if you might have come across numerous "jokes" and such on social media that when a girl asks a boy to "figure it out", he most certainly will not be able to do so. It is something to do with the inherent male psyche, I believe.

And that's what happened here too. I asked him to "fix it", and he was baffled for a good few days on how to.

Sigh.

After waiting for a couple of days, I gave up because after all, you don't really want to be in a fight for too long!

So I told him that I am willing to forgive and forget provided he write me a nice note. Something that would "make me smile and feel happy about."

This time the brief's clear, I hoped.

And looks like it was! Within 10 minutes, there was a nice long email in my inbox where he said some really sweet things that indeed made me smile and feel super good about!

So yes, today I received something that's close to the 'love letter' of the yore, from my man, who otherwise is rather weak in the "expressing emotions" department.

Sure, one may argue that this one had to be extracted out of him by force, but still a love letter it is and I loved it!

Needless to say, we are back to being the awesome couple that we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment