Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 208 - 209: All These Wonderful People!

Over the last two days, I had two sets of visitors to my place.

First, it was the hubby's super inspirational ex-boss and his family of a beautiful wife and two adorable girls. While I knew a lot about the big boss from the hubby, and have met him a couple of times before, it is always heartening to see how down to earth and chilled out a guy he is. It was also fun to see the great rapport he and his wife shared... and I had a really good time chatting with them. And my own little one seemed to have a ball of a time playing with her two "big sisters" as well.

But that's not it. Honestly, whatever I have written above will do no justice to how awesome these people are. So I think the following will showcase it better.

When they were at our place, it was tea time, and they were discussing what to do next - maybe a movie, maybe straight to dinner, maybe go back home and so on.

Instead, I realized that they  proceeded to an event supporting cancer patients, and the dad and the oldest daughter (around 11-12 years old), both shaved their heads off to in support for the cause!

Seriously!

That's not something one does instead of watching a movie or going for dinner. And the little girl did it too, when she had long, dark tresses before.

Inspiring.

And really, really, wonderful!

Second visitor was my friend from college, now based out of New York, who had come down to Singapore with his girlfriend, just for a day. It was super nice to meet him again, after a long gap of three years, and it was absolutely delightful to meet his lovely girl friend too. Our usual college gang met up with both of them at my favourite hangout Canopy, where we had a long, fun conversation over some great food. Then all of them came over to my place, where we continued the long, fun conversation over some great dessert wine (at 3 in the afternoon, I must add). The last time this friend came down from the US, this conversation took place. This time, his contribution to our lives was a tale about how he convinced some American friend that a certain maple syrup was a Rajasthani maple syrup, when it really was just ordinary maple syrup.

Yup.

And as usual, it was wonderful to watch his excitement as he narrated the maple syrup story.

It was rather sad when it was time for them to leave but then again, at least I have all these wonderful people in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment