Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 12: Editing Begins!

I had mentioned here that one of the projects I have on hand is editing a friend's novel.

Today I started working on it!

It's my first time as the editor for a written piece and I must say that it's quite an interesting experience.  It's challenging because you gotta keep the original work's style intact while figuring out how to refine the rough edges. You gotta read the piece multiple number of times, internalize the content, make the edits, and then re-read multiple number of times to see whether it makes any sense. You gotta make tough calls on whether a particular sentence is needed, and if yes, whether it's placement goes with the current flow. Etc., etc. etc.

Am not sure how good a job I am doing with the editing, but I would say that in spite of the challenges, I am definitely enjoying the process! 

No comments:

Post a Comment