Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 26: Brunch, Movie, Art Exhibition, Friends, Hardware & Such!

I had the busiest Saturday since the little one, I believe. I was just rushing from one appointment to the other, to meet different sets of friends, making it a very socially active one.

Highlights:
1) Brunch with two of the girls from my old SK-II team. Venue - Chye Seng Huat Hardware. Yeah, you read it right. That's the name of the cafe. A pretty misleading one but it's actually pretty quaint and nice with minimalist furniture (they actually have the cheapest wooden tables and plastic chairs outside!), cramped spaces and decent food. I ordered scrambled eggs, toast, salad and bacon, with orange juice to go along. One of my friends ordered some chicken patties and that was pretty good. I didn't order any coffee, which is what actually the place is famous for, so can't comment on that. But even otherwise the cafe is definitely worth checking out.

2) Visit by my good friend who has just returned from London - She dropped by armed with gifts for the little one and me. She bonded with the little one who seemed rather happy to see her, we had lunch together, chatted for a long time and it felt great to have her back in town.

3) Movie with friends - I caught a Hindi film, Race 2, with two of my girlfriends. While they were spending the entire day as their girls' day out, my suddenly very active social life let me join them only for the movie. The movie was so bad that we had a great time laughing through it! Atrociously and unintentionally hilarious.

4) Visit to Art Exhibition at Singapore Malayalee Association - I met up with a couple of fellow Mallus and together we went to see the art exhibits at SMA. I had a ball there! The exhibits were of excellent quality and I was thoroughly impressed and even inspired to brush up my painting skills soon. I could also meet so many of Mallu friends, aunties and uncles there and it's always fun to catch up with all of them. I also discovered that the SMA annual magazine, Onopaharam, has extensively featured my Malayalam Short Film "Inganeyum Oru Katha" in it! So I grabbed a few copies of that, and felt really good about it.

In short, a very active, busy, social, fun Saturday - the first of its kind in a long while! Loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment