Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 31: A Good End to a Great January!

I have been tracking my workout schedule and progress since the beginning of January, when I was 13 weeks postpartum. Till then, I was not too disciplined about it. Except for some walking, and in-home floor exercises to strengthen an injured pelvis, I was not doing much. But at 13 weeks postpartum, I felt that it was high time I started putting some thought to fitness and I started working out with my focus on Bikram Yoga.

So today, on the last date of the month, I tracked my progress and realized that I have done 12 Bikram Yoga classes and 4 long walks! I.e. an average of 3/week of yoga and 4/week of exercise!

Which is awesome!

 I haven't been able to keep up such a schedule ever, even pre-pregnancy, so I was super happy about this. Of course, the maternity leave and the time on hand does contribute to the progress but I am glad I spent the time well.

After I made this discovery about how much exercise I managed to get in January, I decided to take a break today. No yoga, no walking, nothing. Just sit at home and spend time with the little one. Pretty much of an anti-climax I admit. Still, the chilling out was very welcome.

But then night fell and I felt incredibly guilty. How can I spend a whole day doing absolutely nothing?! I felt that wouldn't be the best way to end the month, so I decided to work on the editing for my friend's novel. With the little one asleep by my side, I spent a couple of hours working on it, and managed to complete an entire chapter in a single sitting.

I hit the bed peacefully and happily after that.  It was a good end to a great January! 

No comments:

Post a Comment