Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 18: Lesson Learnt from Yoga Classs (& Wind Removing Pose - Check)!

Another small win at Yoga!

I got a "Good, Shilpa!" for my Wind Removing Pose or Pavanamuktaasana!

The interesting part here is that I was having a pretty weak class for the first 50 minutes or so. It happens. Even though you are somewhat regular with your practice, you have an occasional class that becomes more challenging than usual. You feel the heat is too much, your focus is elsewhere, your flexibility seems to have gone for a toss, your muscles feel more like rubber, and so on. It can get super frustrating and you would be looking forward to the end of the 90 minutes of "torture".

I was pretty much in the same place. But for some reason, instead of giving up from the frustration which I was very well feeling, I decided to push through. I told myself that it was important to still give it the best because my postnatal body needs it!

So I tried to ignore the frustration and continue to give my best for what it's worth.

And when this small win came by, it became totally worth it!

Lesson learnt - Stick with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment