Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 20: When the Inches Fall!

One thing that pregnancy has definitely contributed to is my...well, vanity.

Even though I saw a pretty sharp decline in the weight in the first two weeks (I even could fit into a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes, including a couple of my looser fitting jeans!), the progress has been pretty slow since then.

While my logical side keeps assuring me that I can take my own time to lose all the baby weight and get back to my pre-pregnancy shape and fitness, my not so logical vain side can't wait for it to happen!

I keep watching my weight and measurements on a pretty regular basis and needless to say, every drop makes me happy. It also makes me happy when I can get into one more of my pre-pregnancy clothes. As much as I enjoy shopping for new clothes, it breaks my heart to see some of my favourite items in the wardrobe, ridiculously out of my reach!

So coming to today, I had double success!

First, I noticed a drop of another 3.5 inches! So happy!

Then, to test that it is not a trickery of the measuring tape because the inch loss didn't seem to have come with any weight loss, I tried on one of my favourite pre-pregnancy dresses which I couldn't get into a couple of weeks ago.

And I could fit into it! Like, comfortably enough! Woah! So happy happy!

To celebrate, I stuffed myself with chicken biriyani from a nearby hawker centre. Not an healthy option of course, but these things need to be celebrated you see.

It's a beautiful day indeed! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a good achievement, i was like you could not weight to get back to my old clothes. I decided i would not buy new clothes, and just had to lose weight to have more options in my wardrobe to wear everyday.

    ReplyDelete